1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/3 C peanut butter (Laura Scudder's old fashion natural creamy)
1/3 C almond butter (MaraNatha brand)
1/4 C raw, unfiltered honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C butter, melted
3 C old fashion oats
1/4 C each of raw sunflower seeds, roasted peanuts, raw almonds (chopped), pepitas, cashews (chopped), dried cranberries (chopped)
2 Tbsp ea. of sesame seeds and flaxseed meal
1/4 - 1/2 C dark chocolate chip, chopped
2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
1. Place the first 5 ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Melt the butter and pour over the ingredients. Mix until all combined.
3. Add the nuts/dried fruits and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4. Use a 13 x 9 pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Press the mixture into the pan using parchment paper to keep your fingers clean. Press firmly until it's flat and evenly distributed.
5. Bake at 350'F until edged are slightly brown. About 15-18 min.
6. Cool completely and cover with plastic wrap. Let it stand for 1 day before cutting into strips or bars.
7. Wrap each bar with plastic wrap (or foil) and store in cool dry place. Good for 1-2 weeks.
-If you don't chop the dried fruit and nuts, the final product will fall apart easier when cutting them into bars.
-When omitting seeds or dried fruits, replace the volume with 1/8 C oats.