This is an excellent way to incorporate milk kefir (probiotics) into one's diet as well as a great joint support from the collagen protein of gelatin. It is kid-friendly and you can use fruit juices if you want to avoid the artificial colors. It is SO important to have probiotics incorporated into the diet to boost the immune system, especially during the winter months. Daily consumption of kefir (water and milk) may provide protection against diseases when taken the proper dosage (claim not validated by FDA). Do it BEFORE you get sick. And if you do get sick, you should get well much quicker as your immune system is stronger. The benefits of kefir is AMAZING! Enjoy this God-given super food!
I adapted this recipe from a college friend and added my healthy twist to support immunity and joints. This recipe is not too sweet, and yet fun to eat. Eat it with your fingers and not with a spoon.
The homemade milk kefir will boost the nutritional value of this treat to the sky! The amino acids in collagen are excellent for skin, hair, nail, and joints. Add the milk kefir when it's cooled to the touch so that the probiotics will not be killed by the heat. Enjoy!
Milk Kefir Finger Jello
6 oz. Jello powder (any flavor)
5 Tbsp Great Lakes unflavored gelatin**
3 C boiling water
1 C homemade organic milk kefir + ME-3*
1. Whisk well the powdered jello with gelatin in a large bowl.
2. Add boiling water and stir gently until all is dissolved (several minutes).
3. Wait for it to cool down to ~100'F. About 20-40 min. depends on room temperature. Use a digital thermometer to check.
4. Add milk kefir and mix well. Pour into 9 x12 glass pan.
5. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until firm.
6. Cut into bite sizes and enjoy!
Mango Probiotic Finger Jello (Healthy Version)
5 Tbsp Grass-fed Collagen Peptide (or Unflavored Gelatin**)
1/2 C Boiling Water
1/2 C Organic Mango Juice (or Grape Juice) at Room Temperature
1 C Organic Mango juice
1/2 C Homemade milk kefir + ME-3*
1. Dissolve completely collagen in hot boiling water (few min).
2. Add 1/2 C room temperature juice and mix well.
3. Add additional 1 C juice and mix well.
4. Add 1/2 C milk kefir and mix well.
5. Pour gently into an 8 x 8 glass dish and refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
6. Cut into bite sizes and enjoy.
** Gelatin is a pre-biotic food, meaning it feeds the probiotics in the gut. Can substitute collagen with unflavored gelatin.