(adapted from Taste of Home)
1 egg whites from a large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups unblanched almonds
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar (can substitute ~1/8 cups of white sugar for finely crushed peppermint candies)
1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
olive oil to coat parchment paper.
1. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Add vanilla and mix well.
2. Add almonds and coat gently 'til it's completely covered. Set aside.
3. Combine the sugars, salt, and cinnamon in a different bowl. Add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat.
4. Spread evenly into two greased cookie sheet lined with oiled parchment paper.
5. Bake 250'F for 1 hr, turning every 20 minutes gently with a fork.
6. Cool. Store in air tight container or freeze for longer term storage.
1 serving (1/4 cups): 250 calories, 18 g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.