Recipe from Mary Hueners, the Funnel Cake Queen at T&T
3 eggs, well beaten
2 C milk
4 C sifted all-purpose flour
1/3 C sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
Oil for deep frying
1. Add milk to beaten eggs and beat in well.
2. Gradually add flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Mix very well and very smooth.
3. Holding the open end of the funnel closed, fill it with the batter.
4. Open the end of the funel and allow batter to run out in a stream into deep, hot oil (375'F on a frying thermometer).
5. Move the funnel to make a patter...starting at the center of the pan and swirling outward in a circle.
6. Fry for 2-3 minutes, or until brown on both sides.
7. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with powder sugar>
Makes about 30 cakes, depending on the size. Take 90 mintes to use all the batter.