3 C organic rolled oats
2 C chopped nuts - any combinations of almonds, cashews, walnuts, Brazil nuts, macademia nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds etc.
1/4 C organic brown sugar
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
1/4 C raw honey or organic brown rice syrup
3/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/4 C butter or organic coconut oil
1 C chopped dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 250'F.
2. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl - oats, nuts, sugar, etc. Mix well.
3. Melt butter on low heat then add honey and salt. Mix well.
4. Add butter mixture to oats mixture and mix well.
5. Split mixture into 2 baking sheet pans lined with foil or parchment paper.
6. Bake 75 min and turn every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
7. After baking, transfer into a large bowl and add cranberries and mix well.
8. Cool completely & store in air tight container for several weeks. Great with milk kefir for extra probiotic boost!
-Modified from an original recipe from Alton Brown @ Foodnetwork